Sunday, November 4, 2007

Great Expectations

She often told me that it was reading Great Expectations in standard seven that had got her really interested in reading.
Having made three or four attempts at reading this book of late, I just could not rest in peace thinking that if she could read it at the age of thirteen, why cant I get interested enough to finish the book.
Finally, raising this point with a friend made me realize that she must have actually read the abridged version of the book. The way I myself had read David Copperfield form Charles Dickens as well. I realised this only now.
Finally, I can throw the torturous book aside and sit with my one leg over the other and pick up my first ever P.G. Wodehouse: Jeeves Takes Charge.

2 comments:

Rashi said...

dude dare u call it torturous...huh !
Kidding...its gud only if u read it with no prior notion in ur mind..relate to it..its ur life, my life, his or her life in black and white...nyway nice disgust reflected in the post :)

Upkaran said...

It was doomed from the start…… you started reading ‘Great Expectations” & it turned out not as Great as you Expected…… HA Ha ha…. Just Kidding

Wish you & your family a Fabulous New Year Ahead……… Take Care…… Joy