Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Ek Ruka Hua faisla

Its been a long time since I read a review of this movie and been anxious to watch it ever since. But the arithmetic of pleasure of watching a movie compared to the pain of starting downloading one and getting up to switch off the modem at 8 A.M. , as that's when my download begins to be charged, has resulted in me abandoning movie downloads completely. Of course I have piracy issues to cover up for my lazy reasons. Zee classic had different plans though and aired the movie on an afternoon my to-do list was shorter that usual.
Movies can be high budget or low budget. This one almost belongs to a new category : no budget. The movie has a NINEr on IMDB, which is rarely matched by Indian cinema. Great performances and awesome script make this movie a must watch.
Pankaj Kapoor plays a perfect loser and Anu Kapoor makes you doubt if he is playing himself. K.K. Raina, though, is a much better actor now than he was at the time of the movie. Being a writer myself, I now realize the challenge of maintaining the constancy in the personalities of character especially when writing a conversation of more than three of four people. The script caters that constraint with the highest possible precision.
The story is strong enough to engross you for every minute of the two hours the movie lasts.
No songs. What a relief.

3 comments:

AbhiC said...

I am so happy that , this movie made a mark apart from IMDB. it was real surprise for me also..when first time i watched it on B4U MOVIES..guess even the channel is not in the world now....movie was so catchy ..hats off to the script writer and thnks to u for reminding abt this movie

Prince Charming said...

Hi, I just saw this movie last week...Great script I guess.

Aditi said...

ur writing style for this particular post is more "writer-ly" than anything else i've read. oh n btw DAT's a compliment :P